Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

In the last twenty-four hours, the surprise lilies have popped up. I found them after returning home from a walk around my neighborhood. I'd like to say that I was out enjoying the fabulous weather. It was cool and breezy. I wore my hair down, carried my camera out, and listened to music.

My specific journey was to drop my car key at the dealership where my car was towed yesterday. I just cringed typing that. We were on the way to the mall. I thought I might check out the massage station since I have an interview Monday. DA wants another dress. And my daughter had a ten dollar off coupon to a store we usually avoid. We had plans.

Driving along the car just stopped. We were on a hill at the major intersection. It started again and then died as I made the turn. We rolled along until we reached the shoulder. I put on the hazard lights. Gentle freak out... Call KIA road assist. Ten minutes later find that the service expired August 2009. They will still come help for $75.50. Never mind. Call the tow company we know. They arrive within ten minutes and carry my car to the dealer for $56.00. My insurance will reimburse the cost.

We go to the mall. Inside I am just sick. I am overwhelmed because I am the one who helps everyone else and for a moment (hours) I feel I have no one to help me. (It's just a feeling and feelings pass.) The mall is crowded. I don't think I have been here in the last year. I am amazed and a little overwhelmed. I remember coming here and shopping, lots - before I knew better.

We find lots of dresses. Even really cheap ones ($3.99). They are ugly. I probably wouldn't bring them home for free.We find others which are fabulous, but DA is a shopper and none seem to meet her expectation (except a size 14 prom dress - too big). Then she saw Barbie in a swimsuit. The end. She traded all discussion and desire for a new dress for that doll.

I didn't get my massage because the estechnicians were wearing gloves. It is a creepy feeling, to me. And for the price they charge I could get a pedicure as well. I was just kinda sunk, anyway.

My daughter is great with child. That's a whole other piece of the story. We called and got a ride home and I ate ice cream. It was a good time to start drinking, but I like my mind clear when I have an issue, especially distress. On the way to the kitchen, I realized that this was the perfect time to have a car issue. Better to have my car checked out and running well before I get a job.

I love my car! It is seven years old with 51K miles. I have only had two incidents when it hasn't gone. Both were battery issues - too hot and too cold, outside. I trust that all things work together and with that belief the only thing left to do is let go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still sorting things out. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.