Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

It might come in handy some day.

Even after two years of de-cluttering, I still have this mantra and I still believe it true. Some things are worth keeping because the price to replace them is exorbitant. For some items, I have a plan.

When my grand-daughter begins school this year I am sending all the supplies I have saved over the years with her. Some will work for her class and the others I will donate to the school.

However, we have had a flea problem this year. I think Max has more fleas as an inside dog than he ever had living outside. After trying over a dozen remedies, I remembered I had diatomaceous earth. Searching through my deck box, I found it where I imagined.

Check out that price. $0.83 for the bag. Where will I get another deal like that? DE is safe for use all around the house and on pets. Messier than I remembered, but the fleas must die!

Then, driving down the road I saw cast iron skillets tossed on the sidewalk. First I drove past, but at the corner, I thought, "Those might come in handy some day." Zooming in reverse, I backed up to the sidewalk. There must have been some fight because three skillets lay on the walk, two of them damaged - actually broken. I took the third. It fits perfectly in my counter top convection oven.
Washed and seasoned, it has performed wonderfully. Because cast iron maintains its heat, I can reduce cooking times.

Under the desk, I have boxes of stationary from previous jobs that would have gone to recycling. It comes in handy for a little girl to draw and "write letters," paint, or cut.

Before I had grandchildren, I gave away most of my children's books. As happy as I was to gift them to another family, I am just as dismayed that we don't have them. We have more and have been blessed with entire sets from other families - but you know that special thing that cannot be replaced, that's the spot.

I weigh letting go with my life's mission and goals. Things that don't fit, move on. If there's a place, it waits. I look forward to sharing the blessing of plenty. I have got a lot...

Namaste




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still sorting things out. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.