Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

They want me back!

I've been away sorting out life for a while. In the busiest of times, I worked for pay 44-46 hours a week, then cared for my grand-daughters for 40 plus hours. Sleep became premium.

The job I thought was mine turned out to be temporary, a fact they neglected to share at hiring, so I find I have plenty of time to rest and sleep, and garden, clean, organize, read, and blog (if I get around to it).

On the other hand, my financial situation has shifted, again. As you know by now, I much prefer enjoying my life at home. To do so, I work diligently to reduce and contain expenses. However, I have a minimalist attitude and a hoarder's desire. How to find balance...

Get a bit more cash in.

I tried selling my best and favorite linen pants on Craigslist and new with tags suits on ebay. No luck.  Finally, I donated them just for the freedom. But, before I separated from my job I found these wonderful boots for an unbelievable price -

I love them!!! They are Crocs and will last for years. They look great and I can walk to to and from work easily. Just wait until I travel back to San Fran - cute, functional, and light weight. So I sold these. I priced them way below their values and received two emails immediately. Sold that evening.
Money or not, I needed a few things I consider necessary for my lifestyle. The more you shop (online) the more emails you receive for the next great deal. The longer you delay purchases, the better the deals get. They want you back. They want me back!!!

Me, the grrl who barely works and needs every cent she has to pay the bills, like housing and utilities. They do not care about those expenses. They want me to look trendy, take the latest touted supplements, and own stylist electronics. I almost want to look, almost...but, I have a plan.

My prevailing mantra helps me delay spending:
"That's not in my budget."
It maintains my desire to acquire, yet reminds me that I have priorities.

Besides, my closet is still full of clothes available for sale. There are several other sites to consider including Amazon and Thredup.com. Better to secure financing before the purchase than to become a debt slave.

On to a far more interesting journey...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still sorting things out. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.