Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's a New Day!

As you know, November 11, 2011 I quit my job.

I had a plan. Travel. Drink beer. Write.

I was off to a good start, but was waylaid. We'll call that done around Juneteenth 2012. By that time, I needed money - a job, so I would be Just Over Broke.

I lallygagged through a miserably hot summer, fermented everything I could find and played with my grand-daughter. I struggled through months of job search. I worked part-time.

No matter what distress I might conjure to share, the truth is I am living well. I have enough. I do enough. I am enough. There is money in the bank to pay the bills that roll in. I have a small savings. My health is okay. It could be better. I limit my complaining.

Here is the post I promised somewhere in the previous three hundred - how I manage on little of nothing, but time. My whole blog - addresses this question, but this post is about money, and surveys in particular.

I complete lots of surveys. Some are better than others and lots are changing, so jump in where is makes sense for you.
  • SwagBucks I've been searching with SwagBucks for the past month. I saw those post on FB and read the reviews on other blogs, then finally committed to signing up. Basically, you earn points by searching the web, completing surveys, tasks, or special activities. There are give away points posted on the SB blog, FB page and Twitter. There are extra points gifted for your birthday, Mega Bucks Fridays, and just because searching. It is random variable reward. Since November 9, 2012 I have collected five Amazon gift cards at 450 points each. Soon I will redeem 2500 points for $25 PayPal card. That's CASH! Check it out. Easy to sign up and the tool bar allows search from any tab.
  • Pinecone Research conduct product marketing surveys. They offer a cash incentive though less than it once was. I've been part of the research panel for years and it is open only by invitation. Most surveys take 10 - 15 minutes and the current payout is $3. It is the most interesting of the survey choices, except,
  • Community Marketing and Insights This research company is geared toward helping business leaders understand LGBT (Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender) communities. They offer both paid surveys and sweepstakes opportunities. Opportunities include surveys and focus groups. Open by invitation.
  • ThirdAge Advisory Leaders This panel is geared toward "mature" participants (50 years +). I have had minimal luck completing their surveys. The incentive is $3 and pays out at $20. I can never decide if I know too much in the technology realms to too little in the investment. As with many cash incentive programs, there seems to be the expectation that the participant will be making major purchases in the next six to twelve months. 
  • Harris Polls were my favorite surveys for years. They were interesting to complete with high point rewards. Points are converted to actual gifts or gift cards. I redeemed points for a full body massage pad (with heat) and Amazon gift cards. Recently, this company has changed their process. Now there are qualifying questions before the survey. I decide in advance how many questions I am willing to wade through. There are plenty of other choices out there. Redeem 1250 points for $10 gift card (electronic).
  • Zoom Panel Take surveys. Earn points. Redeem them for gift cards, merchandise, or donate to charitable organizations. While there are lots of invitations, I find I am rarely qualified these days. Could be I am a very different consumer than I once was. My last redemption was the glass cordless water kettle in September 2012. I love it! It is well worth the time invested.
  • iSay by Ipsos Again, take surveys, earn points and redeem for charity, gift cards, PayPal and cash. The biggest difference in sites is the number of point awarded and redemption levels. 1000 points equals $10 gift cards/payout.  
There are lots of other sites and I have signed up for a dozen more. They are not included because either I didn't qualify for their surveys after multiple choices or the payout is too low for the time invested. Time = Points = Money. Unless I am just piddling with no intention of being productive, I will not invest more time than a survey is worth. I'll update this post if I find more money earning sites that are worth my time. Until then, do you have a favorite money earning site? Please share in the comment section.

Also, if you are interested in a referral link, leave a note.

Live long and prosper!

UPDATE -

Here is the best review site I have found, yet. Survey Police. I still have several that have not made their list to check. I'll let you know.

05.29.13 Update -
Pinecone has changed their reward system to points that can then be converted to gifts or cash. So far, the points equal the previous cash incentive, but now it is a long drawn out process to get the funds. The advantage of Pinecone is that when qualified, you also get to test products in your home and complete a follow-up survey which pays as well.

On the subject of products, check out BzzAgent.
  • Discover and try new products and services
  • Introduce friends to new products (and share special offers)
  • Influence big name brands with your feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still sorting things out. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.