Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scribbled!

Last year, this time I was excited about leaving my job. Remember that? Remember the calendar, the count down, the research? All that planning so I could travel, write and drink beer. It was a great plan, and I swear, it would have worked.

But life happened. Or rather death. Then illness. Since my time was open I was available to show up when and as needed.

My plan was to live each day "Unwritten." All to soon my time was occupied and let me say, this year has zoomed by. Next week we will reach October 2012.

I will say that I loved being at home, mistress of each and every moment of my day. I never had to get a round tuit. I either went for it or passed.

These days I am working way more than forty hours a week and I think I will clear enough to meet my financial obligations,, pay off auto repair debt, attend home repairs and replenish my savings. My hours are spread over seven days a week and allow me to provide care for my grand-daughters as their mother returns to work. Some days it feels like more than I can stand.

In my previous post I outlined why I like my call center job. It's through a temp service and will end. I picked up an overnight shift at a group home. And I provide another five hours of office support.

As the call center hours run out I will pick up another overnight at the group home, but before November, I am committed to completing the edit of my novel for a Kindle publishing. I am already thinking about a sequel.

And then, say it with me... Pole Dancing in the City!!!

November will be a huge challenge with works and writing 50,000 plus words in 30 days, but I am leaving on a jet plane December 3rd!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still sorting things out. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.