Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Living in the Ebb

Let me ride this wave for a bit longer. Yes, I can see that it is over and the tide has gone out on November. However, I was so hyped up about getting through those 50,000 words, finishing my story, and every other November event, that I have reached a serious descent. I have plans for December, but they are short of the pressure November carried.

So, this morning finds me hunkered under the bed covers.  The reason I chose the winter months for time at home is, I love to snuggle beneath my blankets, sip hot tea, and read, read, read. The problem is I am already less than social and with the dark and cold, I am sure to become a hermit. Without posting and reading on line I am sure to be completely isolated.

To counter these tendencies, I have a list of tasks to complete out of doors. On Wednesdays and Fridays I can go to Tai Chi. I plan to get to my Pilates class as well. And for the socialization factor, I am heading to the store. I only need pears and half and half, but will practice greeting and smiling at strangers today.

There are plenty of other issues to address. have you ever noticed when you think you have worked everything out, along comes a whole NEW set of demands? Ones that had nothing to do with you in the first place? Well, this will keep things interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still sorting things out. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.