Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Freedom of Choice

With more time has come more choices in how I share or spend these moments. Lately, I've spent more time processing the shift from working full time, then traveling, the return home, holidays, and just this week traveling again. Last week, my neighbor asked if I missed working. Well, no! I enjoy the space and time to think and sort whatever will come next. We had our first snow here and the roads were traitorous. Cars were slipping at the slowest speeds and at times right through the lights and stop signs. I was out for an early meeting and then planning to travel north to visit my family. Thankfully, but the time I hit the highway the roads were clear. There were however, lots of vehicles in the ditches and off the shoulders. A huge truck had spun around and was facing back toward oncoming traffic. There is nothing to be said, except, "Oh my." Even the most careful drivers were slip sliding away.

I am thankful I have the time and resources to support my family during this current health challenge. I do miss cooking for other people. When I was working I could cook large quantities of food and carry it in to share. Sometimes I package up portions for my neighbors, but there is still a lot of food for a single person, meaning I eat leftovers for a long time.

I also offer thanks and praise to the Giver of All for several gifts I received this week. I write in long hand when I am away from home and while I was traveling to and from the coast, I really wanted a laptop, but as this is a post employment desire, I felt I needed to pray for its arrival. I passed on what looked like a great deal as I am not that tech savvy. As I checked out the seasons offerings, even those less expensive computers could need an extra $150 for support (taxes, warranties, insurance). So, I let go and figured I would just wait. And while I sat waiting, I was gifted a laptop. (Okay, I wasn't just waiting. I was looking, thinking, praying, imagining, and putting out the word that my hearts desire was for a laptop.) It works great and will meet my needs. I just ordered a new battery so that I can actually be unplugged. I also received a Garmin GPS and had company on the ride home. Wait, wait. I received an offer for a paid online focus group. AND, one final paycheck!

You can't beat God giving; no matter how you try.
 I have been blessed to make these choices. Yes, I live a simpler life, but many years ago I made a decision that shaped the following years. But since I am back from the home where I grew up, perhaps I will say, I chose a particular path to today. If you ever wonder why things look the way they do in your life, travel back to where it began and observe, with compassion. Believe, then you will understand. In another post we will talk about all the stuff that gets saved. And how to keep letting it slip away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still sorting things out. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.