Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks Daily

I am thankful for the option to tend my granddaughter over night and then to travel this morning to visit friends. Since I am free of the obligation to show up at work, I have the time and energy to chase a four year old long into the night. We danced, played music, enjoyed tea, and each others company. Her new favorite word when she has exhausted her commentary is, "Poop!" Not like and adult might say it, but delightfully as in accomplishment - poop and pee. Daily functions that take place to keep us healthy.

Through my body I see the Creator
This started as a different note, but let's hang here for a moment. It is a blessing when our system work as designed. We forget to be thankful for those very great things. We need only remember the last time our body systems stayed open and did not close or remained closed when they were to open. If we are breathing on our own, be thankful. If we are out of bed and taking nourishment on our own, be thankful. If we have the privilege to read, write, think, argue, discuss, hug, smile, kiss, blink, then be thankful. For all over the world there are those who have lost that ability.

When we have our health, we have everything. Be thankful.

Have a blessed holiday, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still sorting things out. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.