Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year’s Resolutions

Add More Wine
Over at Life Around the Curves I post 100 Promises to Myself. This is my concept of thinking well about who I am and how I plan to show up as a happier, healthier, and far more interesting person. Even though I do introspective work for personal growth, I like to read other people’s resolutions. It seems that only the usual make the headlines, but I found one I know I will be able to keep and enjoy along with my promises.

Drink the whole bottle of wine. Think of is as getting all the antioxidants.  Let go of any guilt around enjoying what give you pleasure.

~~~That said, 

Accept only what you need, whether it is an invitation or advice, or stuff. Decide if you have a place for what’s being offered; if not, pass. Practice moderation in what you bring home (in heart, mind and space). Mind stuff that has to be tended but does not increase your joy. This will also facilitate the letting go process.
Re-evaluate the rules: Eat this, not that. Do more, have less.  As we focus on conscious living, we decide in the present what the best course is for us. When in doubt, simply add more wine.

Open to a new experience every day. Learn a new word. Read a new book. Meet a new person. Comment on a blog. Share an idea. Brush your teeth with the opposite hand. Stretch. Reach. Expand. This is the process of growth.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still sorting things out. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.